C-21 Demolition License Test Breakdown
The C-21 license test will have two parts.
- 115 Questions on Contractor LAW
- 115 Questions on Demolition
- 3 Hours To Complete Each Portion
- Close Book
- Taken on a Computer at a CSLB Testing Facility
- 72% Score To Pass
For a complete guide on the LAW portion of the test, check this out.
LAW & Business
- Business Organization
- Business Finances
- Employment Requirements
- Contract Requirements and Execution
- Safety Public Works
- Licensing Requirements
- Planning and Estimation (33%)
- Project Preparation (19%)
- Building Moving (6%)
- Building Demolition (17%)
- Safety (25%)
Demolition License Sample Test Questions
1. If wind speed is so great that the structure being moved swerves from side to side, what action should the contractor take?
a) Add additional restraints before proceeding with the move
b) Secure a police escort to facilitate the move.
c) Add extra transportation equipment to ensure continuity of the move
d) Postpone the move until it is less windy
3. When using a cut-off saw to cut steel beams,which of the following should be worn?
a) Gloves and a face shield
b) A face shield and a leather apron
c) Gloves and a welding helmet
d) A leather apron and gloves
Strategies for Passing the California Contractor License Test
- Some Questions will require solving Math problems (No Cellphones)
- Each Question only have ONE best answer! So use process of elimination
- It is better to answer a question by guessing rather than leaving it blank
Contractor License School
If you are looking for instruction covering the law and business side of the demolition license test you will want to look into contractor classes.
It is essential to understand the distinction between a contractor license and a trade school.
The C-21 Demolition License test is for journey level demolition specialists who have a solid understanding of their trade. Contractor classes are not meant to teach you the demolition trade.
Contractor Classes can be great for those of us who haven't been in a classroom in awhile and need extra instruction.
What You Should Know About Contractor Classes
Contractor Classes are:
- Taught by Contractors, Project Managers, Foreman, Superintendents and construction veterans
- Live Instruction with Q&A portion
- Bilingual (depending on the school you chose)
- In depth classes that cover important LAW concepts
Contractor License schools offer services in addition to exam prep that can help you get everything taken care of quickly and easily.
Check out this article for a more in depth look at how to choose the right school!
Requirements For The Demolition License
To to take the C-21 Demolition License Test you must meet the following requirements:
- 18 years of age
- Drivers License or USA ID
- Social Security or ITIN #
- Not currently on probation or parole
- 4 Years Journeyman Level Experience
- Pass a Two Part Exam
The C-21 Demolition License Test is issued by the Contractors State License Board, which is the governing agency for contractors in the state of California.
The CSLB has offices all over the state of California and
currently offers 73 different licensing classifications.
Be sure to check out this article for a complete guide to the C-21 Demolition License. If you have found this information feel free to drop us a comment and check again in the future for updates!