How To Pass The C-23 Contractor License Exam!
The C-23 license test will have two parts.
- 115 Questions on Contractor LAW
- 115 Questions on Ornamental Metal Works
- 3 Hours To Complete Each Portion
- Close Book
- Taken on a Computer at a CSLB Testing Facility
- 72% Score To Pass
For a complete guide on the LAW portion of the test, check this out.
LAW & Business
- Business Organization
- Business Finances
- Employment Requirements
- Contract Requirements and Execution
- Safety Public Works
- Licensing Requirements
1. Planning and Estimation (25%)
2. Fabrication (23%)
3. Installation (18%)
4. Finishes and Repairs (12%)
5. Safety (22%)
C-23 License Sample Questions
2. If an architectural drawing gives a scale of1/8” = 1’, what does a line 2-1/4” equal?
a) 10’ 6”
b) 17’ 6”
c) 18’ 0”
d) 24’ 8”
3. According to the California Building Code, how is headroom clearance measured on a standard stairway?
a) Vertically from the center of each tread
b) Vertically from a line connecting the nosings
c) From the bottom of and parallel to the first riser
d) Perpendicularly from a line connecting the nosings
Strategies for the Contractor License Test
- Some Questions will require solving Math problems (No Cellphones)
- Each Question only have ONE best answer! So use process of elimination
- It is better to answer a question by guessing rather than leaving it blank
Contractor License School
If you are looking for instruction covering the law and business side of the C-23 license test you will want to look into contractor classes.
It is essential to understand the distinction between a contractor license and a trade school.
The C-23 License test is for journey level metalworks tradesman who have a solid understanding of their trade. Contractor classes are not meant to teach you the ornamental metals.
Contractor Classes can be great for those of us who haven't been in a classroom in awhile and need extra instruction.
What you should know about Contractor Classes
Contractor Classes are:
Contractor License schools offer services in addition to exam prep that can help you get everything taken care of quickly and easily.
Check out this article for a more in depth look at how to choose the right school!
Requirements for the C-23 License
To to take the C-23 Ornamental Metals License Test you must meet the following requirements:
- 18 years of age
- Drivers License or USA ID
- Social Security or ITIN #
- Not currently on probation or parole
- 4 Years Journeyman Level Experience
- Pass a Two Part Exam
The C-23 License Test is issued by the Contractors State License Board, which is the governing agency for contractors in the state of California.
The CSLB has offices all over the state of California and currently offers 73 different licensing classifications.
Be sure to check out this article for a complete guide to the C-23 Ornamental Metal Contractor License!
If you have found this information feel free to drop us a comment and check again in the future for updates!